Top 5 Tips For A Beautiful Everyday Makeup

               
I went shopping with Adeola on Saturday at yaba floor market(don't laugh) Even till now, I still get scared of crossing the busy road from the sky bank to where the Yaba market is selling hot hot. 
Even Adeola was a bigger chicken than me, she held my hands all through the crossing. I'm sure she will be staring at this post with "bad eye" don't come and look at my post with "winsh eyes".
I just had to get some new sandals, did you know Chanel makes nice Sandals? I just found out(Igbo-made made me think it was a counterfeit, sigh)

I now have an excuse to not wear heels all the time, don't judge me, it's not easy being a lady. My mom keeps saying if I wear heels like I always do, I will end up breaking my tooth.
To cut the long story short, on an exhausting walk around Yaba(did I mention that I am a bargain hunter?) I met this middle aged woman, she had this attracting makeup(I did not mean attractive) It was so obvious, I like my barely there makeup on, and sometimes maybe owambe makeup at Owambes(obviously) not sweating profusingly in the hot sun with smeared foundation, blue green eye-shadow(at different eyelids respectively, is that a thing now?) So, because of my "church mind" I won't say anymore about that, and it has inspired this post!
So, to the woman I met at yaba(in case you are seeing this post, these are my top best tips for an everyday makeup.
*Forget Eye-shadow:
Trust me, you don't need eye-shadow for an everyday makeup, but if you must, please make it within the eyelid, stay off the crease lady! You don't need to look like a crystal ball to look pretty.
* Wear a Foundation Your Colour:
This is very key, if you must wear foundation, wear your colour, I'm going to create top 10 foundations for African women, they are a little pricey, but they are totally worth it.
*Stick To Nudes:
Your lipstick should be preferably nude, you can get the pale pink lipstick, or just lip gloss. Yeah, I like a red lipstick now and then, but I would rather do without it every day.
*Skip Contouring:
Is it just me, or do I feel like my skin needs to breathe some days, yes I'm a makeup artist, yes I'm a makeup enthusiasts, but contouring everyday, really? I know Instagram has turned the world crazy with seemly flawless skin and chiseled jaws, but unless you are a model or any related profession, don't contour everyday, please.
*Slight Bronzers Never Hurt:
Ahead of contouring, bronzers are the new craze. You see that weird streak at someone's nose, its bronzer. Wonder why some people's cheekbones glow strangely, its bronzer. At first, I didn't like bronzers, but I've learnt to make things work.
*Eyeliner-Mascara-Powder:
These are your friends, they can dramatically transform your look from "uh to aww". You can totally use them everyday, just don't use too much eyeliner and get it into your eyes(not pretty, trust me)
*Blend! Blend!! Blend!!!
Blending in makeup cannot be emphasized, so if you want your everyday makeup to look gorgeous, buy a "Beauty blender". It's very affordable, almost like the best discovery in makeup(behind brushes of course).
Don't forget, with or without makeup, you are beautiful and no one is going to change that.
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts