Crazy Rich Asians Review


This is a review on Crazy Rich Asians.
Hey guys, so I just read a post on a lifestyle blog that I love so much, and since I do more beauty and fashion than lifestyle here, I think I'm about to change that to blend the two into a perfect balance. 
Crazy Rich Asians! I read the book series this year, I think August, and I absolutely loved it. It has three books in the series, Crazy Rich Asians, China Rich Girlfriend, Rich People Problem. The books are about 400+ pages in the PDF, but I'm very proud to say I finished the whole series in four days... During exams(busted!)
My roommates were begging me to drop the book, well I did of course, that why it took four days. Now, this is not a book review, so I won't dwell on the books that much, I'm just going to give an overall view.
Well, the movie wasn't as good as the book to me, I mean they tried to rush a 400+ pages of book into a 2 hours film, that just won't suffice. So many things were missing, things that makes a difference, like The story of Astrid and Michael, it wasn't just enough.

I mean look at Astrid, she would make a killer actress if she had been giving more airtime. Amongst the Youngs and every other Rich Family in Singapore, Astrid happens to come from one of the richest. She is quite entitled and we see it from her flamboyant lifestyle, and the way she hides expensive clothes in her tiny wardrobes.

This is one of the key pieces she wore on the show, so plain, but I'm so sure it will cost millions of dollars, but aside being a crazy fan of extremely luxurious items, she is very down to earth
Now, Crazy Rich Asian tells the story of Rachel and Nick, (lovers) two professors in America, who are both from an Asian heritage visit Singapore for a Wedding. Rachel finds out that Nick is from a lineage of very entitled and spoilt Asians (cousins to Astrid). While meeting so many snobby relatives of his, the extravagance of their lifestyle, and the Bachelorette party she went to on a private plane, she realizes they are not only rich, but crazy Rich!
The movie totally showed more on the trip, on the luxurious plane. The Movie was certainly very luxurious, through locations were beautiful, so meet Rachel Chu.

Rachel Chu is absolutely stunning, but unfortunately for her, she isn't as entitled as the Youngs. She faces a stratification, she sometimes very out of place. The actress totally played the Role of an Asian American beautifully.

I loved Nick! I can't believe that within all the crazy family drama, he could be so down to earth, not to mention handsome. The British-born actor is a perfect Nick for me anytime anyway. The Couple's chemistry was a bit lacking, they could have done better, but they did well.

What's the name of this Jokester in Crazy Rich Asians, I love her and her crazy family. They aren't crazy Rich, but she is also pretty entitled and she did a good job helping Rachel pick up classy and expensive clothing.

This is Nick Young's mother, she so petite and stunning, kind of reminds me of the Mother of Jun-Pyo in Boys Before Flowers, I can clearly say she is not as evil as the Eleanor Young in the book series, but she certainly gave Rachel a run for her money.
This should be one of my loved 2018 movie, not only because of it's content, the attractive actors, the cinematography, the luxurious and beautiful locations, I was not disappointed, and hey, if you liked the movie, you will definitely love the book, well till then, Adios.

Comments

Popular Posts