Review On Johnson Jakande Tinubu Park


This is a review of Johnson Jakande Tinubu Park.

Hey guys, it has been awhile since I've made a blog post due to the very busy holiday, from frying chicken at one side, to cooking the soup, it has been a lot of work, but hey, the good part is I got my hair done during the holiday šŸ˜Š



 I must confess, getting to Johnson Jakande Tinubu Park was quite the trouble. My sister and I tried reading google map to get there from Ikeja, it was quite weird because I had no idea how hard map reading was!



 Anyways, we got lost and got to Obudu without realizing it šŸ™„ Ah an, which kin wahala be this on Christmas!

Never did I know that google map could actually navigate for us and tell us where to pass at certain stops...thank you technology! It was a crazy experience I tell you, but do you know what's crazier?



I mistook Ndubuisi Kanu Park (A Park beside it) for Johnson Jakande Tinubu Park, damn, I was so screwed. At the entrance of Ndubuisi Park, they were collecting gatefee šŸ˜Ŗ N500 per head, and we thought it was free!

My dad paid the gatefee but when I entered Ndubuisi Kanu Park, I knew it was not the one I saw online. Ndubuisi Kanu park was a disappointment on its own. Lizzie and I continued to explore the walls of the Ndubuisi Park, but I couldn't tell my parents it was not the intended park, especially after all the trouble we faced before we got there.

Little did I know that it was actually the pictures of Johnson Jakande Tinubu Park I saw. Lizzie and I went for a little adventure outside Ndubuisi and we saw the park I was expecting, right beside Ndubuisi! Way to make matters worse, it was free and very fine.

So, let me cut the long story short, we went to two parks and this is the review of Johnson Jakande Tinubu Park.



The Johnson Jakande Tinubu Park is opposite Ndubuisi Kanu Park, so once you see the long poles of flags, you will know, or even use Google map if you dare. Abeg, click Navigate to save yourself headache.

The Attractions

The Fountain and The Bridge


Though, the water fountain is no longer working well and people have been forbidden from stepping on the bridge (there is a danger sign) the sight of the water is still a refreshing sight.



The Beautiful Caged Birds

The birds are worthy sight and they are so beautiful. From what I heard, the birds are different species of Parrots that we have, I really don't know, but I'm sure you won't be disappointed.



The Giant Chessboard 



Different people just gather to play these giant chess puns together, even families compete and of course the passersby are beyond intrigued.

The Flags Of Numerous Countries


We also got to see the flag of numerous countries, I think this is the most obvious sight because they are so high up. In case you get lost, don't forget to watch out for the flags.



Lizzie rested here with my cute niece, Omobolanle, another cute sight you don't see everyday.

The Statue Heads Of Jakande, Johnson and Tinubu


The sight too was worth the look, I guess the park it's self is a remembrance in respect of the three past governors of Lagos State.
Which should be : Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Omobolaji Johnson and Jakande.



This is me flexing some muscles on a sunlight bright day. It's a really great spot for snapping fun filled images.



The Single Statues Heads



The statues of the governors were not only made together, but they all have very nice separate statues as well, when you come along, I'm sure you will learn one or two things about Lagos State... you can always take nice pictures beside them also.



So, here is the Tinubu Head Statue, I'm not sure that the correct word for it. My mother also loved the sight.

Oh! It feels so good to leave Ogun State even for a day, I hope you loved my review.

Remember:

* Johnson Jakande Tinubu Park is free at all times.

* JJT is located in Alausa, Ikeja.

* Incase you don't know the way, use Navigate on Google maps.

Bring your mat, food and meat(we forgot meat at home)

* Come with your friends and Family.

* Take your Camera.

* Take Park Games like Ludo, Cards etc

I love the park, but I still believe they can fix the broken bridge and the water fountain, and a little more sheds won't hurt, I will rate it 4.0, and yes! It's way better than Ndubuisi Kanu Park.

Comments

  1. I love thisšŸŒ šŸŒ  I sure know what to expect when I wanna go there nowšŸ˜‚thanksšŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, thank you! I hope you enjoy the tripšŸ˜Š

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts