Single Girls Club: Single Girls Problem


I know it has been awhile since I've posted "single girls"episodes, I'm sorry. I hope you enjoy this anyways.



"One, two" I counted the two five hundred notes Emeka gave me, he had this bored and uninterested look on his tired face. After my ordeal at the club weeks ago, I started to see life, people and even him differently. I sighed, this guy was really stingy.

"I hope that would be enough?" He asked a rhetorical question, even if it wasn't, he wasn't going to give me anymore. Emeka had often complimented me on how I'm not like other girls, how I don't dwell on material things, how even the littlest of things can satisfy me... Bullshit!

He had trapped me in a place that I could not escape. I smiled, I understood the game he was playing, for a church boy, Emeka had some Playboy tactics, but I wasn't going to lose to him.

"Yeah... But the egusi soup will only last for two days oh..." I replied dumbly, seemed that the more I kept seeing him, the dumber I became.

******
It was the weekend, Debbie and I had to run some errands around Yaba. I was delivering some items from my weekend jobs and Debbie had some friends she had to catch up with for business. I wish you were there, the weather was so hot, my chiffon white blouse could barely stay dry. Before I knew it, I was already sweaty. I tried to catch up with Debbie. Debbie was hungry and we had to eat some breakfast that was when she asked the question.

We decided to eat at chicken republic, Ozone Cinema(sabo-yaba). My eyes eyed the fat chicken laps and rice which was with Debbie..."chai this girl dey eat oh" was all that was on my mind as I humbly took on my ice cream and meat pie.

"How's Emeka?" She asked. Of all things my friend knew about me, she just had to mention the impossible. I didn't even look at her as I eyed my ice cream.

"There" I bluntly said, no need sugar-coating nonsense. My eye caught a glimpse of a couple sitting across us, the girl was definitely one of those Instagram glamour girl, she looked like she came straight out of a photoshoot, the guy was your average guy, it's hard to know guys, most times their dressing doesn't reveal their personality.

"Earth to Victoria" she snapped her finger at my face which left me enraged.
"Debbie, stop na! "
Her glance shifts from me, to the Couple I was looking at.
"Do you think they are dating,?" I knew what was on Debbie's mind, it was my thought exactly. How can they be dating, they just look incompatible.

"You don't like him?" Debbie asked, now looking at me. Debbie shouldn't have asked me, she already knew.

"Why are you still with him?" she continued questioning. Why am I still with him really? Do I love him that much? Or am I afraid of being alone? 
I've always been scared of being alone, but since everyone around me is getting married, the thought of loneliness shook me further.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts