The Truth About New Year Resolutions


Sigh! It's that time of the year we make a list of stuff we would like to change in the coming year, be it smoking, drinking... I think you get the drift.

But what really baffles me is that I made those promises last year and even the year before that, and yet again, this year is saying it's goodbyes and I am still writing the same promises. How come my New Year Resolutions never see the light of the day?(is it jinxed or something)

Then I realized that not only me has this problem. *I promised myself to stop pouting when I am tired (yes! It's a problem) and yet I still have this weird duck face when I am done doing my rare workouts.



Back to the issue, not only me but a lot of other people around me. Ada says she will stop drinking in 2015, it has been a lot of years later but she is still drinking... In fact, now, she is closer to getting a degree in it. Daniel promised to stop telling lies, but he tosses the resolution in the trash can the second he gets into trouble.

Is "The New Year Resolution" Jinxed?
Well, for the fact that I'm not a witch or the subordinate, I can't tell if New Year Resolutions are "jinxed" but I do know they are a bit cliche.

I mean come on! We say this every single year, but it never seems to work out most times... Does the  word "New Year Resolutions" amuse us that's why we keep making a list that we know won't make it to the beginning of February? ... Ehm, I don't know about that either, but I can do this much.

Why Wait For Next Year, When You Can Start Now:

Why Wait really? If it seems like starting a new thing every new year seems "jinxed" why not start right now? Why do we have to wait till next year.

If you want to stop alcoholism, why Wait till next year? If you want to chase that dream you have been thinking about, why Wait till next year!
In my opinion, I feel like when we make a New Year Resolution, we are putting ourselves in a lot of pressure in the New Year. We want everything to workout right away, since it's a "New Year" but, it might be a New Year, but it's pretty much the same You. Start those new things already, see it as a trial period, you make mistakes, no pressure. So when January comes, you will be  ready.

Don't Give Up!
I'm reading a manga(Japanese Comic) right now and I admire the energy of the Japanese to hate giving up(at least it seems). A quote goes as thus: Old Habits die Hard.
You have had the habits for a while now, and they won't just disappear because it's "A New Year". Just keep trying, because you still run back to old habits even after it's "A New Year" doesn't mean that habit can't be changed that yearšŸ˜—  Keep trying and don't give up.

Don't Hate Your Mistakes, Learn From Them.
Oh, you keep craving alcohol when dehydrated, get a water bottle. Your hands feel bored without cigarettes, play phone games! We are not allowed to lose to things we can  simply prevent, we learn from our mistakes.

Hey there!
I hope you are excited as I am about Christmas ❣️ I can't wait for all the excitement... Maybe this blog might even get a makeover, okay, don't get too excited, I just said maybe. Subscribe and Share on all social medias.
Yours Sincerely,
Victoria šŸ˜Š

Comments

Popular Posts