Be The Change!

Gbemi returned into the room, panting like a thief caught in Aba market, but unlike them, she was not burnt alive.
"I've thrown out the trash, Victoria" She told me. Waste disposal was a big problem where we lived.

I was busy texting and watching the Headies I missed the night before.
"Uhn... Okay? Where" I asked.
She rolled her eyes

"Where else... Gutter Na" She cut herself a piece of bread from the one she ate last night. Law enforcement on "throwing in gutters" were getting harsh, and she would be instantly fined.

"Ah an! Gbemi, gutter! That's wrong Na" I replied, not like I love painting myself in the holier-than-thou picture, but I honestly detest the waste disposal on Lagos Roads and Nigeria as a whole.

"But everyone is doing it" she whined.
Yes, there is a high population throwing trash in the gutters or by the canal.
We say we want change, but are we "changed".

If we want a better and healthier society, change starts with you and I.
Thrash in the gutters clog the flow, and can lead to an overflow of water which can destroy lives and property! Or is it the government that is causing that too.


We should do the right things, in order to live in a society which is safe and conducive for generations to come. Yes! We don't have the best government, but we aren't the best citizens either, we should really start changing positively, with time, our society will be one of the very best.

-Awe Victoria

Comments

Popular Posts